Beautify your home with our products.
- End grain walnut chopping board
- Available in various dimensions
- Food-safe surface treatment
- Standard with handles
- 100% Swiss wood / 100% Swiss Made ❤
- Other sizes / options on request
- How should solid wood be maintained?
Since it is a natural product, the grain and the pattern of the end product differ.
Made from Swiss wood by us in our workshop.
What is end grain (or end grain)?
End grain cutting boards are made from end pieces of wood. It usually has a checkerboard pattern, which is the main feature by which you can tell it is an end-grain cutting board. This type of wooden cutting board is a bit more expensive, but some people consider it valuable because it is better for the knives. End grain cutting boards have a "self-healing factor" as the fibers close after being cut by the knife.
We use a food safe linseed oil varnish to treat our products.
There are many benefits to using flaxseed oil and these are just a few of them:
- The oil enhances the color of the wood and brings out the grain, giving the wood a more textured look
- It is non-toxic and therefore very environmentally friendly
- Prevents wood from cracking as it prevents the wood from drying out
- It helps cover up some scratches
- The oil penetrates deep into the wood and forms a good protective barrier against the elements.
Worth knowing about the walnut tree
- The impressive walnut is botanically a fruit but technically a tree nut.
- Walnut trees grow at a rate of 24 centimeters per year and reach a height of up to 20 meters and can bear nuts for more than 100 years.
- Walnuts have an impressive shell that resembles a human head, which is why the ancient Greeks called them karyon (head). Breaking open the hard shell reveals a bumpy textured flesh that bears a clear resemblance to brain.
- Walnuts are among mankind's oldest tree foods, dating back to 7,000 BC. can be traced back.
- Walnut tree has feather-like leaves composed of 5 to 9 leaflets arranged alternately.
- The walnut tree has a strong and deep taproot. It produces substances that inhibit the growth of other plants near the tree.
- The male flowers are arranged in pendulous catkins. The female flowers are relatively short and prickly. The flowers can self-pollinate or cross-pollinate.
- Walnut shells are used in the manufacture of sandpaper, adhesives, plastics, and cleaning products. Walnut wood is used to make flooring, furniture, musical instruments, panels, veneers, and gun stocks.
- The life span of the walnut tree depends on the particular genus. A walnut tree has a lifespan of 50 to 250 years.